ECP therapy helps to alleviate symptoms of angina and heart disease by increasing blood flow to the coronary arteries and heart muscle. This therapy does not remove blockages or stop the disease process. However, ECP helps re-vascularize the heart muscle through the development of collateral vessels. Collateral vessels help to increase blood supply to the heart muscle. So, this is what leads to a decrease in the harmful and painful symptoms of cardiovascular dysfunction.
For many patients, the cardiovascular health results of ECP have been compared to that of 5 years of training for a marathon. Patients often report that they no longer have chest pain, have greater energy and stamina, need less heart medication, and have an overall improved quality of life. Effects of the therapy can usually be felt between 10 and 14 treatments, but a full 35 treatments are necessary to help you gain all the benefits of ECP.
Clinical studies have shown that ECP:
- Provides relief from angina (chest pain)
- May decrease need or use of medication
- Helps to improve exercise tolerance and daily activities
- Improves overall quality of life
- Provides relief from Dyspnea (shortness of breath)
- Can help decrease fatigue related to cardiac conditions and increase your overall energy
- Increases Nitric Oxide (which is a powerful neurotransmitter that helps blood vessels relax and also improves circulation)
- Improves and increases vascular health
- Decreases the amount of work needed by the heart to pump blood
- Promotes blood vessel formation
- Increases flow of oxygen and nutrients
- Improves vital organ function (like your lungs, kidney, liver, and brain)
- Increases the volume of blood pumped by the heart
- Increases anti-inflammatory effects
- Reduces symptoms including shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, weakness, pain or pressure in the chest/neck/jaw/back/shoulders/arms, providing an overall improvement to your quality of life.